Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 1

Here we go. In an attempt to talk about my trip and all of the awesome things that happened on it, I am going to go through each day and talk about what happened on that day.  I will also post pictures for your viewing pleasure.

June 25, 2013

At about midnight, Josh and I finally went to bed after frantically cleaning our house and packing for the trip.  Then, at about 4:30 a.m., our alarm clocks go off.  We got up, got ready, and drove to Fanning Springs Community Church to meet the rest of the team at 6:00 a.m.  Here is when the first bummer of the trip started.  Jesse forgot to grab her awesome professional camera when walking out the door.  She was pretty upset.

Then we packed up the trailer and drove to Miami-freaking-Florida.  This drive was about 6 hours long.  We checked in our baggage, I was yelled at by the German employee for not buying my ticket under my maiden name, and we boarded our plane at 3:55 p.m.  We were all super excited about our trip and we were ready to go!

This basically concludes our first day.  We flew overnight to Dusseldorf, Germany and landed there early the next morning.  My next post will be about the flight and our next day in Europe.

-Ashley

 Bobby asleep in the van on the way to Miami.

B.J. asleep on the van on the way to Miami.

 Josh and I showing our excitement for our trip to Slovenia.

 Becky waiting in the airport.

 Kiara waiting in the airport.

 Jesse making a face while waiting in the airport.

Tori (aka Skittles) waiting in the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment